Heartland Health Research Institute (HHRI) is an independent, nonpartisan and nonprofit research organization based in Clive, Iowa. HHRI is organized as a public benefit 501(c)(3) corporation that seeks grant-based awards from public and private foundations to serve the public on health-related topics.
Mission (Our Purpose)
Heartland Health Research Institute (HHRI) is committed to being a trusted resource for health-related information in Iowa and Midwestern states. By using dependable and relevant data, HHRI provides meaningful information with a goal of improving decision-making for individuals, communities and our society.
Vision (Our Direction)
HHRI’s Vision is to advance the transparency of facts through objective research and innovative solutions. Our intent is to help transform healthcare into high-value care – always from the patient’s perspective.
HHRI’s Research and Education focuses on a broad spectrum of healthcare issues, specifically from the patient’s perspective, and their confidence and trust in the healthcare system today and into the future. Topics addressed may include:
- Healthcare Quality and Safety
- Patient Engagement & Activation
- End-of-Life Care
- Employment-Based Health Benefits & the Value of Coverage
- Population-Based Health and Environmental Issues
- Attitudes toward Healthcare Reform
- Other Tangential Issues
As a knowledge-based organization serving Iowa and other Midwestern states, HHRI will:
- Research and collect data to reveal major health challenges and opportunities.
- Provide credible, reliable and objective research for decision makers (both public and private), policymakers, employers, media and the general public.
- Explore and present key health issues with thought leaders from all sectors.
Independence and Objectivity
An ongoing need exists for objective, unbiased information regarding the local healthcare system, so that decisions affecting that system will be based on verifiable facts. In all of its activities, HHRI will function strictly in an objective and unbiased manner and not as an advocate or opponent of any position.